I am frequently searching Ravelry and reading blogs from designers I love. New ideas and inspirations pop into my head daily – seeing a knitted hoodie someone is wearing and thinking about how I could make it and what yarn would work best. I really should write down some of these ideas and notes as I go… I will be updating some design ideas as I finish them and post soon. In the meantime…
Patterns I’m Loving:
- Cookie A has a beautiful new collection of patterns. She is known for her sock designs, but I am loving some of her new items. Her Rotation cardigan caught my eye… This one’s a beaut, plus it looks really easy to modify. The open shape would be very flattering, so sizing would not be such a challenge.
- Another of Cookie A’s patterns from her new book: Lateral socks. These are so understated and pretty.
- Veera Valimaki’s Color Affection Shawl. Just beautiful! A fellow knitter at Fiberge is teaching a class on how to make this lovely item for all who are interested!
- Ysolda Teague’s Marin scarf. This would have to be for me to keep! Fall is coming so soon, and I can always use more scarves.
George wants me to make him a hat. Look at the little theif…
Yarns I’m Itching to Get My Hands On:
- Quince and Co Osprey: Heard great things and seen some beautiful pieces made. Stitch definition looks like it will be nice, so maybe a cabled sweater?
- A Verb for Keeping Warm Annapurna Cashmere: This name keeps popping up under designers I love, and the colors are stunning. And, c’mon, it’s cashmere! I have not met a cashmere I did not want to pet. The Marin scarf pictured above was made using this.
- Zealana Eco Merino/Possum: There is a possum in my yarn! Yes, quite seriously. I was intrigued by a Vogue Knitting Design Contest that is built around this yarn distributor. This article gives a nice review. Warmer than cashmere?? I must find out – mittens or a nice cozy hat?
George gets his hat:
2 rows a day keeps the stash at bay!